…so I need some guidance from you more experienced SBLers.
- I am going to try and pack as lightly as possible, but what do you all bring with you? Besides clothes and toiletries, do you really need anything else if you aren’t presenting?
- I’m 6’5″ tall–where should I try and sit on the plane? I haven’t flown in a while, so I really don’t know where the best seat might be.
- I’ll be staying downtown, so I don’t plan to travel outside the SBL radius. Is this what most people do? If you do travel around, is it best to get a MARTA pass of some sort?
- I imagine the book hall to be pretty much a heavenly place, so I will have to exercise extreme restraint when it comes to buying books. Any advice here?
- I’ve narrowed the sessions I want to attend by presenter rather than the topic, though I kept a couple of sessions on the schedule because the subject interests me. How much time do you spend in the sessions themselves typically?
- Even though I’m almost ABD, I plan to attend the career workshops. I know that the job field is overrun by more qualified folks than myself, but I’m going to attend and meet various prospective employers, if for no other reason than to get a feel of the process. How should someone in my position approach this element of SBL? If you’re not interviewing, is there is suggested attire? Business casual? Since I’ll be walking, I’ll need to wear comfortable shoes, so that will determine in part my attire for my time there.
- I’m not ashamed to admit that I love getting free stuff–especially books! Any goodies I should be on the lookout for?