It was a terrible weekend for me sports-wise.
- The Saints, who have been playing uninspiring football at best, lost to the lowly Cardinals. Not to take away from their victory, but the Saints couldn’t have made it any easier for the Cardinals to win. Pitiful…
- The lsu tigers won again with more trick plays and last-second shenanigans. How one team gets so many lucky breaks simply defies logic.
- The Texas Rangers have blown two chances to win the division series at home. Now it’s back to Tampa for game five. Hopefully, the trend will hold and they’ll win on the road.
- The stinkin’ Yankees swept the Twins in their division series. It’s not that I am a Twins fan as much as it is that I loathe/hate/despise/abhor the New York Yankees. The playoffs are so much better without them around.
- One bright spot, however, is that the Giants capitalized on several Braves errors to recapture and hold on to the lead, sending the series back to San Francisco with a chance to send the Braves packing. As far as I am concerned, the Braves are the National League’s Yankees, without the illustrious history and obscene bankroll.
Trevin Wax offers some interesting backgrounds to common English expressions here.
I got a new high score on Bookwork (on my iPhone)–1,144,860!
We got word of a fantastic burger joint downtown Dallas called the Twisted Root Burger Company. I love good burgers and this place makes everything from scratch, plus they make their own root beer! They were also featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, so it must be good! Can’t wait to try it out!!!
Marc Cortez is giving away a copy of Paul Althaus’ The Theology of Martin Luther and I am giving away a copy of The Lure of the Dark Side: Satan and Western Demonology in Popular Culture. Jim West is also giving away a copy of Maurice Casey’s Jesus of Nazareth.
Until next time…
Αυτω η δοξα,