Though my wish lists (both on Amazon and in my brain) continue to grow like kudzu vine, there are a few titles that are at the top of my purchase-sooner-than-later list (in no particular order).
- Daniel in the Context of the Hebrew Bible by Michael B. Shepherd
- King and Messiah as Son of God: Divine, Human, and Angelic Messianic Figures in Biblical and Related Literature by Adela Yarbro Collins and John J. Collins
- Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels As Eyewitness Testimony by Richard Bauckham
- Exploring Jewish Literature of the Second Temple Period: A Guide for New Testament Students by Larry R. Helyer
- Exegetical Fallacies by D. A. Carson
- Ancient Texts for New Testament Studies: A Guide to the Background Literature by Craig Evans
I don’t know that I will be purchasing any of these titles before year’s end, but perhaps I can obtain one or two of them. Donations are always appreciated! 🙂
I have read great things about Carson’s and Bauckham’s books, but I wonder if you have any thoughts on the others listed. I would love to hear your opinions on them.
Αυτω η δοξα,